Aalto University Communications Team
jessica.sinikoski [at] aalto [dot] fi (jessica.sinikoski(at)aalto.fi)
+358 50 590 58 18
Dates and Venues
Sunday 16 November
Open Innovation House, Otaniementie 19–21, Espoo
Monday 17 November
Otakaari 1, Espoo
Tuesday 18 November
SLUSH, Messukeskus Helsinki – Expo and Convention Centre (entrance: Hotel Holiday Inn, Messuaukio 1, Helsinki) and Dipoli Auditorium (Otakaari 24, Espoo)
Wednesday 19 November
Dipoli Auditorium (Otakaari 24, Espoo)
Thursday 20 November
Meeting point at Dipoli (Otakaari 24, Espoo), tours go around Otaniemi campus, Espoo
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
A journey by taxi from the airport to the hotel takes about 30 minutes (depending on the traffic) and costs around 45 to 50 euros. The taxi stands are located right outside the arrival areas of the terminals.
During the conference:
Transportation from the hotel to the conference venues will be provided every day. The meeting point is at the lobby of the hotel. Please check on the programme for every day’s departure times.
For any additional transportation, you can contact Helsinki Taxi Centre (+358 1 000 700) or ask the concierge at your hotel for further assistance. A journey by taxi from the Kalastajatorppa hotel to Aalto University Otaniemi campus takes about 10 minutes and costs around 15 euros.
Aalto University's Campus maps
Dress code for the 31st World Cultural Council Award Ceremony and Reception on 17th November is dark suit, while dress code for all other activities is business suit.
Please bring along your business cards for registration & potential networking opportunities.
On your first day of participation, you will need to register at the conference premises at the registration desk (Sunday 16 November as of 12.00; the following days as of 08.00), using your registered Last Name/Surname.
Refreshment and coffee breaks are provided throughout the conference.
Meals are at your own discretion.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT FINLAND
· Currency in Finland – euro (€)
· Payment – foreign cards are well accepted everywhere in Helsinki
· Time zone – Helsinki (Finland) UTC/GMT + 02:00
· Language – Finnish and Swedish are the official languages, although English is also being widely spoken.
· Weather – for further details, visit: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/come/welcome-helsinki/climate-and-weather-in-helsinki
· Taxis – Finnish taxis are safe and reliable. Should you wish to move around, other than the conference pre-arranged transportation, feel free to use Taxi Helsinki Centre: +358 1 000 700.
· Electricity – Electricity in Finland is at 230V, 50Hz. The power plugs are the two-pin, round-shaped.
· Tips – not necessary in Finland, as service charges and VAT are added to the bill in restaurants and hotels.
· Water – the Finnish tap water is safe to drink, not to mention delicious.
· Emergency Number – dial 112
· Visit Helsinki: